Contract Diversity Trainer (4)
Contract Diversity Trainer – Washington, DC
If you have an outgoing personality, a passion for diversity, and an interest in watching light bulbs turn on right in front of your face, just because of the lessons you’re leading, this is the right opportunity for you. Lothery & Associates LLC is seeking up to four contract trainers who will be able to deliver a specific and pre-defined program. This course is to help the client create a more inclusive work environment that provides equal opportunity for all, and greater team cohesion in the office.
- Deliver a specific key two-day diversity training no less than eight days per month, and up to 16 days per month.
- Facilitate highly interactive and engaging sessions to help provide diversity awareness and inclusion skills for a better work environment.
- Participate in at least two train-the-trainer workshops to learn the content, and the client.
- Complete a post-workshop evaluation of the session to be reviewed by Lothery & Associates and the client.
- Participate in bi-weekly calls for status reports
- 80-90% travel
- Initial contract term is six months, with opportunities for an extension.
- 5+ years of diversity training and group facilitation experience
- Must have knowledge of, and adhere to the seven steps of the adult learning cycle as a standard practice
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to facilitate interactive sessions incorporating PowerPoint, video, small and large group exercises.
- General knowledge of generally accepted diversity training tools
- Ability to seamlessly manage aggressive and/or challenging audiences with grace, poise and professionalism
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Microsoft Office proficient (including PowerPoint)
- Thorough understanding of standard HR practices and laws
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement to protect L&A and the clients we serve
Candidates are required to follow to a corporate behavior policy whenever training a client on behalf of the company. There will be two train-the-trainer workshops prior to the end of December 2011, with the full training schedule to begin in January 2012. Candidates not available for the duration of the contract will not be considered.
Interested parties should submit the following to Pre-Training@Lothery.com:
- References (diversity training related only)
- Links to video clips featuring you facilitating a workshop
No calls will be accepted.