Power of Communication
Winning a promotion. Closing a sale. Remaining calm and collected on camera. Acing a tough interview. Captivating an auditorium full of people. Maximizing the productivity of a team.
What do these goals have in common? They all depend on the ability to express ideas with precision and polish.
Whether the audience is a prospective client, a boardroom of investors or millions of people in front of their televisions, there’s more to making a connection than just choosing the right words. It’s framing an argument that transforms ideas into action. It’s employing body language that conveys authority and expertise. It’s projecting an image that inspires confidence and trust.
The power of communication is the power to:
- Engage an audience and persuade them to follow
- Reshape perspective and build consensus
- Demonstrate the potential to lead
- Provide a strong role model for employees
- Achieve increased productivity from staff
- Create more robust relationships with colleagues and clients
- Boost sales performance
- Protect and reinforce the reputation of an organization
No matter your industry or position, it’s always possible to refine and sharpen the communication skills and techniques necessary to improve performance and advance to the next level. It all begins with finding your voice.